While pork is the heart and soul of our operation at Woody’s Bar-B-Q – from our Smokin’ Spare Ribs and Signature Baby Backs to our Sliced Bar-B-Q Pork and Carolina Pulled Pork, our expertly seasoned, slow-smoked Bar-B-Q Chicken has been a major contender from the start. And with good reason…
- Chicken Can Improve Brain Function: Chicken is packed with vitamins and minerals that can have a positive impact on our health. Where the brain is concerned, Vitamin B-12 and Choline can help improve cognitive performance in older adults and aid in brain development in little ones.
- Chicken is a Mood Booster: According to the National Chicken Council, chicken contains the amino acid tryptophan – which raises those “feel-good” serotonin levels in the brain.
- Chicken Builds Muscle and Strengthens Bones: An excellent source of high-quality protein, chicken can help you build, maintain and repair muscles while benefiting bone health. This is particularly good news for women. Of the estimated 10 million Americans with reduced bone mass through osteoporosis, more than 80% are female. Phosphorous found in chicken also supports the health of your teeth and bones.
- Chicken Can Aid in Weight Loss and Management: Another great aspect of being a source of high-quality protein is that it can make you feel full faster – helping you manage your weight and maintain healthy blood sugar levels. The Vitamin B6 found in chicken can also improve metabolism. To get the best benefits from chicken, remove the skin. Our ½ smoked chicken dinner portion is roughly 640 calories, but if you remove the skin, you can cut the fat and caloric intake significantly. And our Classic Tossed Salad – topped with slices of our Mesquite Grilled Chicken Breast – is only 200 calories before you add the dressing of your choice.
- Chicken Supports Heart Health: Eating lean chicken can aid in the reduction of LDL cholesterol levels, in turn, lowering the risk of cardiovascular disease. As an added benefit, eating lean chicken breast suppresses and controls a body’s homocysteine amino acid levels which, if left unchecked and climb too high, can lead to heart disease.
And that’s not all! The niacin found in chicken helps guard against cancer and its retinol, alpha and beta-carotene, and lycopene all support eye health. Perhaps one of the best things about chicken – besides its health benefits and flavor – is its versatility. It can be prepared in a wide variety of ways. At Woody’s Bar-B-Q alone, we have an astounding thirteen chicken items on our menu. Here are the highlights…
Chicken Tenders – A big hit with kids of all ages, our tasty chicken tenders are served with your choice of dipping sauce.
Woody’s Wings – Our slow-smoked wings come tossed in your choice of Mild, Hot, Cajun Ranch or Dallas sauce.
Mesquite Grilled Chicken Breast Salad – The distinctive flavor of our mesquite grilled chicken breast is offset by the salad’s cool crispness.
Southwest Salad – Tex-Mex-inspired salad featuring freshly chopped romaine, mesquite grilled chicken breast, corn, black beans, olives, red onion and cheddar jack cheese. Topped with chipotle ranch and tortilla strips.
Chicken Caesar Salad – All hail this supreme salad featuring our mesquite grilled chicken breast atop a bed of fresh romaine tossed with croutons, parmesan cheese and a classic Caesar dressing.
Chicken Tenders Salad – There’s a hen loose in the garden! Our lightly breaded, crisp chicken tenders top this cool crisp lettuce, salad served with your choice of dressing.
A Taste of Woody’s – Our slow-smoked Bar-B-Q chicken stars alongside our spare ribs, sliced pork, Texas beef brisket, smoked turkey breast and smoked sausage. Why choose when you can have it all!
Big Half A Chicken – Where it all began 42 years ago! Slow-smoked, flavorful and served with your choice of two sides and garlic toast – we believe you’ll love this Woody’s Bar-B-Q favorite a bushel and a PECK!
Loaded Mesquite Grilled Chicken Breasts – We take two chicken breasts, marinate and grill to perfection, then top them with melted cheddar cheese, crispy bacon and Woody’s own Southern Sweet sauce.
Woody’s Family Feast – We’re cooking for the whole family. In addition to our Bar-B-Q chicken, this heaping platter features family-sized portions of BBQ pork and spare ribs served with BBQ beans, creamy cole slaw, french fries, fried corn on the cob and garlic toast.
Chicken Feast – A terrific picnic lover’s companion, this dish showcases an entire BBQ chicken served alongside creamy cole slaw, our own special recipe BBQ beans, french fries and garlic toast – food enough to feed a family of four!
Mesquite Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich – We dress our marinated and mesquite grilled chicken breast with lettuce, tomato and red onion, then serve it on a bun. Make it your own by adding cheese or bacon or BOTH!
Southwest Wrap – Mesquite grilled chicken breast blended with corn, black beans, olives, red onion, tomatoes, cheddar jack cheese and chipotle sauce, perfectly packaged in a flour tortilla.
Check out the rest of our menu and find the Woody’s Bar-B-Q nearest you at www.Woodys.com! We look forward to celebrating National Chicken Month with you!