With the arrival of June, so follows the mad dash to find the perfect gift for Father’s Day, the opening of swimming pools across the nation, and the start of many summer vacations. It also marks the start of Great Outdoors Month! As you can imagine, the pitmasters at Woody’s Bar-B-Q have a soft spot for the Great Outdoors. Many of us got our start over charcoal grills in the backyard on a warm summer day years ago. So to help you celebrate Great Outdoors Month in fine style, we’ve compiled a list of five fun ways you can mark this auspicious occasion…
- Invest in Games and Activities That Encourage Friends and Family Members to Get Outside and Play: Whether it’s an inflatable waterslide or pool, or it’s a game of horseshoes, bocce ball or cornhole, find something that will help you draw your loved ones away from their TVs and electronics and out into the open air. It doesn’t have to be a major investment – sidewalk chalk, water guns and bubbles can keep little ones entertained for hours!
- Create Your Very Own Outdoor Oasis: Another great way to get everyone outside is by extending the same sense of comfort and style that the interior of your home showcases to the exterior by creating an outdoor living space. Invest in a picnic table or a cozy conversation set for the patio or deck, toss in an outdoor rug and throw pillows, and enhance it further by incorporating a firepit for swapping stories under the stars. Don’t forget the Bluetooth speaker so you can add music to enhance the ambiance.
- Go Exploring in Your Local Parks OR Any One of America’s Terrific National Parks: Set aside the time for park days – whether exploring some of the walking trails and playgrounds at a park close to home or making the drive to a national park for a weekend away. It’s a wonderful way to not only see your tax dollars at work and see more of this great nation we share, but also for making memories with the ones you love.
- Try a New Vacation Spot this Year: If you’ve visited the same beach for years or summers are typically reserved for visiting out of town family, it might be time to try something new. You could take a cue from #3 and plan your trip around a great national park – like The Grand Canyon or Yellowstone, or you could find an entirely new beach or little side excursion on your way to grandma’s house. After last year’s lockdown, we all deserve a rave-worthy vacation!
- Enhance Your Time Outdoors with Great Food: Picnics are one of the best ways to enjoy the Great Outdoors, and it just so happens that Woody’s Bar-B-Q makes the perfect addition to any picnic. Whether choosing our Family Feast or Chicken Feast with all the fixin’s or designing your own feast with our slow-smoked meats by the pound, comfort food sides by the pint/quart, whole pies and sweet tea by the gallon. To check out our menu and find the Woody’s Bar-B-Q closest to you, visit Woodys.com!
From all of us here at Woody’s Bar-B-Q, we wish you and yours a
Happy, Safe and Memorable Summer!