Whether you’ve simply always wanted to be your own boss or you’ve been dreaming of opening your own eatery, retail shop, gym, childcare center or home services company one day, franchising might be the ideal answer for you. Not only is it a solution many budding businesspeople pursue, but it’s also an opportunity to “clone” a proven concept and make it your own. Need a little more convincing to determine whether or not it’s the right move for you? Here are six compelling reasons to invest in a franchise…
- Building a Foundation with an Established Brand: If you’ve never owned your own business or your approach is largely from an investment standpoint, a franchise model is a great next step. You can leverage the experience of your chosen franchise’s leadership team, as well as the franchise’s brand recognition and proven products and/or services. Chances are all the kinks have been ironed out from a big picture perspective. They will likely have all the systems in place for finding the ideal location, ordering inventory, furnishing your place of business, hiring and training a staff, and so much more.
- All-Access Pass to Invaluable Training: Most established franchise brands will have a solid training program in place to teach you everything you need to know to succeed. Approach it with the mindset of a lifelong learner and absorb everything that you can. In the event that you decide to open your own concept one day, this is a fantastic way to learn the ropes of the business you hope to pursue and benefit from the knowledge that the franchisor may have built over the course of decades. In addition to teaching you how to take their franchise concept and duplicate it in your own market, they can provide the staff manuals that will serve as a guide to all new members of your staff and teach you how to train your team members.
- Make the Most of Professionally Designed Marketing Materials and Campaigns: There is a lot of cost involved in establishing a brand – ask any startup. From having a logo designed to creating a website to crafting marketing materials that promote your business inside and out, by investing in a franchise, you’ll get to skip those steps and gain access to your new brand’s full portfolio of marketing tools. You may gain a webpage on their established website, posters to hang in your location, flyers to hand out at local businesses and events, and graphics to promote your products and services on your own social media pages – just to name a few.
- Benefit from a Solid Vendor Network: Instead of running all over town in search of vendors to help you with everything from the construction of your location and creation of marketing materials to the delivery of ingredients, products, furniture and more, by investing in a franchise, you’ll have access to an established vendor network that the franchisor has taken years to build. Just as great, you’ll likely be afforded group discounts the franchisor has negotiated on behalf of its franchisees– saving you money from the get-go!
- Systems Structured to Support Your Success: Another major benefit of investing in an established brand is that you have an entire team at Corporate HQ, not only cheering you on, but also there to offer support when needed. Most franchises will offer ordering systems for their products so you can replenish your inventory easily, as well as online ordering platforms to serve your customers in this digital age. They may also offer incentive programs to foster loyalty among your client base, and a central system to order marketing materials. They WANT you to succeed – after all, your success is their success. It shouldn’t be overlooked that – in terms of support – when you become a franchisee, you become a part of a franchise family. You can look to other successful franchisees in your system for words of wisdom as you seek to pave your own path to success.
- The Opportunity to Serve Your Community: By opening a business in your community, you have an incredibly special opportunity to become a valued part of that community. Whether it’s a place for people to gather, a place devoted to the health and well-being of your neighbors, or a service that helps beautify the community, you can make your mark on the people and the city you serve. In turn, they will not only support you, but they will also give you one of the most important marketing tools in your arsenal… word of mouth. Most importantly, by being a business owner in your community, you will help fuel the local economy and provide jobs to your neighbors.
With regard to the specific brand in which to partner, you’ll need to do your research to find the right industry and product stream that’s a perfect fit for your budget, personality and vision. If your research leads you to Woody’s Bar-B-Q, we have one more benefit to add to the list. When asked the question “What drew you to Woody’s Bar-B-Q?” the vast majority of our franchisees will tell you, “THE FOOD!” Having opened our flagship location over forty years ago, many of the recipes that launched our business are still featured on our menu today!
We wish you the best of luck in your search for the ideal brand with which to franchise! Of course, we hope that search leads you to Woody’s Bar-B-Q. To learn more about our franchising program, please visit our Franchise page and download our brochure! Whether you have questions or are ready to rock with your very own Woody’s Bar-B-Q franchise, we invite you to contact our Director of Franchise Development, Steve Gardner. Steve can be reached by calling 201-873-2463 or emailing steve@Woodys.com.